The Real Road to Fast Fat Loss
Hi, I would like to begin by introducing myself. I'm Dan and I'm one of the proprietors of Australia's Biggest supplement outlet Ada Street Discount Supplements. I have been in the supplement industry for about 22 years and have seen it all when it comes to dieting / fat loss. I am constantly surprised and dismayed at the badly thought out and just plain stupid dieting techniques promoted on the internet, in magazines and on TV. The so called diet advice usually comes with the punch line... and you can do it all with our amazing product "meal replacement X" which usually has about the same nutritional value as skim milk powder...or worse.
The time has come to put the nonsense to rest and reveal the best way to lose fat fast without sacrificing lean muscle.
First Things First
- Dieting does not mean starving. Starvation diets that make up around 90% of all promoted diets are the worst thing you can do to lose body fat, more about that later.
- A diet that is sustainable is essential to stop the "rebound" effect of gaining back all the fat you just lost.
- Some healthy foods are no good for fat loss.
- Cardio is not essential but will definitely help with fat loss. Not the cardio you think!
- Supplements for fat loss can help a lot but can't make up for a "bad" diet.
Now to explain the above statements
Starvation diets or super low calorie diets are prolific throughout the world. The two huge problems with this type of diet are:
- They slow your metabolism to a grinding halt making it near impossible to burn fat (metabolic syndrome). This is an unstoppable human reaction that we refer to "starvation/famine mode". Once you hit starvation/famine mode you will store far more of your food as fat.
- They cause your body to go into a catabolic state where your body breaks down muscle tissue at the same rate or faster than fat. So you end up losing more muscle than fat! This is the last thing you want to happen as the muscle is your motor and it burns the fuel(your fat stores). The more lean muscle you hold the more fat you burn everyday...without doing anything!
A Sustainable Diet
Dieting correctly should be easily sustainable in the long run. Sure it may be a little difficult to change your habits initially (first two weeks) but after that the correct diet will be easily maintainable.
You may be eating "healthy" but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's good for fat loss. A lot of good healthy foods are full of natural sugars. Fruit for example is packed full of fructose, a sugar that is easily stored as triglycerides (fat).
The best thing to do is go through your fridge and cupboards and check all the food you eat for sugar content, the less sugar the better. I am a strong believer that you do your "dieting" at the supermarket/health food store... if you don't buy the bad food you can't eat it!
Should I do cardio or aerobic exercise you ask? Yes, it will definitely help as you will burn more calories and hopefully mobilize some fat into the bloodstream to be burnt off as fuel. The best exercise for rapid fat loss is H.I.I.T. or High Intensity Interval Training. The most obvious example of H.I.I.T. is sprints. Yep, go down to the park and sprint 50-100m and then walk back to the start and go again. If you keep this up for 10 minutes(until you get fitter) and eventually 20 minutes per session you will burn heaps more fat than plodding along on a treadmill or exercise bike for an hour. The other benefit of this training is that because it only 20 minutes your body doesn't fall into a catabolic state (breaking down muscle tissue).
Can supplements help? Yes they can, but they can't fix a bad diet. Think of supplements as a results multiplier. If you get your diet right the supplements will multiply that effect. Let's put a number to them so we can work it out.
- Bad Diet = 0
- Good Diet = 2
- Perfect Diet = 4
Now we assign a number to your Fat loss supplement, for this example.
Supplements = 2
Now you can see that if you have a bad diet the supplements will have very little or no effect as 0 x 2 = 0.
a good diet x supplements 2 x 2 = 4
a perfect diet x supplements 4 x 2 = 8
As you can see a much better result than just dieting alone.
Supplements can give you a great advantage if used with good dieting techniques. Add cardio to the mix and you'll be a fat burning machine in no time.
Food Chart for Fat Loss
|NOT SO GOOD|
RED MEAT (LEAN)
Now this doesn't mean that you can't ever have food from the "not so good" column but you really need to limit the amount of these foods for fast fat loss.
Sample Diet Day 1
2-4 COOKED WHOLE EGGS
2 SLICES WHOLEMEAL TOAST
GLASS OF WATER
PROTEIN SHAKE ON WATER
(choose a shake that is a blend of fast, medium and slow proteins)
CHICKEN BREAST 150-250G
SMALL PORTION OF RICE
SALAD or VEGGIES (OPTIONAL)
GLASS OF WATER
PROTEIN SHAKE ON WATER
RED MEAT (LEAN) 250-350G
GREEN BEANS AND BROCCOLI 1-2CUPS
GLASS OF WATER
PROTEIN SHAKE ON WATER (OPTIONAL FOR FEMALES)
The above sample is just one of 1000's of variations of this diet you can use to get an extremely fast fat loss result.