Pre Workout Supplements: Choosing The Right One For Your Fitness Goals
|Article At A Glance|
|Power & Pump: To enhance strength and muscle pump in your workouts, look for pre-workout supplements with ingredients like L-Citrulline, Beta-Alanine, and Creatine, and consider options like Ascend Non-Stim by UM Sports or Pumpz by Zombie Labs for non-stimulant or caffeinated choices.|
|Energy & Focus: To improve energy and focus during workouts, seek pre-workout supplements containing ingredients like sustained-release caffeine, English Walnut (Juglans Regia), and Alpha GPC, which collectively act as nootropics to enhance mental energy and concentration; recommended options include Ascend by UM Sports, Area 51 by ATP Science, or Pride by EHP Labs.|
Fat Loss: If your goal is fat loss, look for pre-workout supplements with fat-burning ingredients like Synephrine, Green Tea Extract, and caffeine, or consider dedicated fat burners such as HEAT by UM Sports or Molotov by Zombie Labs.
When it comes to achieving peak performance in the gym, selecting the right pre-workout supplement can make all the difference.
In a market flooded with a myriad of options, staring at a wall of pre-workouts uncertain of which one fits you can be extremely daunting.
In this article, we’ll be discussing key aspects you should consider when searching for that ideal pre-workout supplement.
Narrowing in on vital characteristics such as pump, focus and fat loss, we’ll help you better pair the next pre-workout more suited to your goals.
Seeking Power and Pump
When the aim in the gym is pushing PBs in your bench press, squats, or just looking to lift heavier, pre-workouts containing power and pump characteristics will be most suited to you.
What are the common ingredients that assist with power and pump?
- L-Citrulline: Increases nitric oxide production, which supports blood flow and nutrients to the muscle, resulting in pump.
- Beta-Alanine: Buffers lactic acid, which allows you to extend your workout sets and push past boundaries.
- Creatine: Allows for rapid regeneration of energy in the muscle, resulting in more strength and power output.
Finding a pre-workout that combines most of these elements can help you achieve better power and pump in the gym.
The Pursuit of Laser-Like Energy & Focus
In the modern world, distractions are endless, and the one place you need your attention most to achieve results is during your workout.
If you feel easily distracted in the gym and your energy is lacklustre, selecting a pre-workout to improve your energy and focus will suit you most.
What are the common ingredients that assist with energy and focus?
- Caffeine: A common ingredient in most pre-workouts to assist with energy and reduce the perception of fatigue. It’s best to look for sustained release sources of caffeine such as Di-Caffeine Malate or ZumXR Delayed Release Caffeine.
- English Walnut (Juglans Regia): Increases mental energy and better supports cognitive function and focus during your workout.
- Alpha GPC: Supports focus and attention through its ability to boost neurotransmitter production.
Most of these ingredients would be considered Nootropics, and collectively they work towards sharpening your metal energy and concentration.
If you’re looking for the next pre-workout to support energy and focus, we recommend Ascend by UM Sports, Area 51 by ATP Science or Pride by EHP Labs. All three use a unique sustained-release form of caffeine for a smoother energy experience.
The Journey Towards Fat Loss
If you’re one embarking on a journey to shed unwanted body fat, selecting a pre-workout that complements fat loss is going to be ideal.
- Synephrine (Bitter Orange): Found in some pre-workout for it’s potential thermogenic and metabolic increasing effects.
- Green Tea Extract Although usually included in pre-workouts for the L-Theanine content, Green tea can also help promote fat oxidation and assist in weight loss.
- Caffeine: Caffeine increases the body’s metabolic rate, leading to an increase in calorie expenditure and resulting in better weight loss support.
In a vast landscape of pre-workout supplements, it’s important to select the right one that caters to your unique fitness goals.
Whether you’re seeking maximum strength, laser-like focus or weight loss support, there’s always a pre-workout for you.
If you’re still not certain on what would work for you, or are just starting out, reach out to our Customer Service team. We’ll be happy to assist with any questions before you commit to a pre-workout that may not work for you!
Stephen Brumwell, Nutritionist (ANTA #40048)